Scroll down to see all of our upcoming events!
NIGHT TO SHINE 2018- FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH
Night to Shine is an unforgettable prom night experience, centered on God's love, for people with special needs ages 14 and older. This will be New Hope's 3rd time sponsoring this event!
- SET-UP/PLANNING TEAM-Arrive at the designated time and execute event set-up, stage decor, assist with audio/visual set up, and activities.
- PRE-PARTY TEAM- FULL-Welcome guests as they arrive and hang out with them until they are ready to head to the main event space.
- REGISTRATION TEAM- FULL- Warmly greet guests and check them in. Answer any questions they may have.- Check in volunteers, give them their name badges and direct them to their team leader.
- SECURITY/SAFETY TEAM-FULL-Walk around and monitor the main event space and outdoor areas, making sure exits are not blocked and all areas remain wheelchair accessible.Support on-site uniformed Law Enforcement personnel by ensuring a safe and secure environment for guests and volunteers.
- HAIR & MAKE-UP TEAM-FULL-Arrive at the designated time and assist set -up team with the salon area. Welcome each guest to a salon station for hair and makeup. Chat with them while they are pampered.
- SOCIAL MEDIA PHOTOGRAPHER-FULL-Take high quality photos and short videos for your church’s social media pages. This volunteer will follow the same content guidelines as the professional photography team. For best quality, please shoot video horizontally. Please use official Night to Shine hashtags.
- PAPARAZZI TEAM-Take photographs and cheer on participants when they arrive at the prom.
- BATHROOM ATTENDANT TEAM-Help guests navigate the restroom, and offer assistance in the restroom if needed.If a guest requires assistance with more than getting in and out of a stall or hand washing, it is appropriate to contact their parent or caregiver for assistance.
- FLOWER AND GIFT BAG TEAM-FULL-Create and layout corsages and boutonnieres. Help guests select and pin on their flowers.Assemble gifts and help each guest collect their favors to take home.
- RESPITE ROOM TEAM-Love on the parents/caretakers by serving food, spending time getting to know them and being available to pray with them.
- KARAOKE TEAM-FULL-Set up and participate in karaoke with the guests. Encourage them and maintain a fun atmosphere.
- DANCE FLOOR TEAM-FULL-Monitor the dance floor and the perimeter to make sure there are no “wallflowers.” Invite them to dance and engage with them. Constantly “float” around the main event space, kitchen, restrooms and outdoors to assist anywhere an extra hand is needed.
- FOOD SERVICE TEAM-FULL-Assist caterer with unloading food, additional food preparation and set up food and beverages in the main event space and in the Respite Room.Serve food to guests in main event space and Respite Room (for parents, caretakers or family members).Be knowledgeable about the items and assist guests in finding what they would like (especially if they have dietary restrictions or allergies) and refill food warmers, drinks and snacks.
- BUDDY TEAM-Accompany and assist assigned guest throughout the evening, providing companionship and any assistance they may need during the event. Sit with the guest during dinner and engage with them in conversation.We recommend buddies be at least 16 years old.
- COAT AND PURSE CHECK TEAM-FULL-Greet guests, take their personal items, label them and hang them. As guests leave, ask for their names and retrieve their items.
- RED CARPET TEAM-FULL-Assist guests out of the limos and while they make their way down the red carpet, manage flow of traffic and assist with wheelchairs.
- TRANSPORTATION TEAM-FULL-Assist guests as they enter the vehicles and head to the venue.
- TEAR DOWN TEAM-Take down decorations, tables, chairs, etc. and clean up the event space.
Please contact Niccole at for info or questions.
SONS OF THUNDER MENS BREAKFAST
No sign up required! Breakfast is included.
Friendswood Campus: Monday, January 15th @6:30AM
288 Campus: Tuesday, January 16th @6:30AM
Alvin Campus: CANCELLED
Webster Campus: Thursday, January 18th @6:30AM
HURRICANE HARVEY WAREHOUSE
Each week, our warehouse ministry team meets at the Alvin Warehouse to distribute furniture to families who have been affected by Hurricane Harvey. We are always in need of volunteers to ensure a smooth and efficient experience to those who visit the warehouse. There are a variety of ways to serve and you do not need to sign up to help out!
Warehouse Hours of Operations:
Thursdays (Receiving)- 8AM-10AM
Every Thursday, the warehouse receives up to 2 18-wheeler trucks filled with furniture and decor. Volunteers who come on Thursdays help us unload and organize the items to prepare for distribution that Saturday.
Saturdays (Distribution)- 8AM-1PM
Every Saturday, families who have booked appointments show up to the warehouse to select their furniture. The volunteer teams include Hosts (personal shoppers) and the loading team.
If you would like to join us, please email for the address.
The Events team is always looking for volunteers to assist us with special events and event prep. Our ministry works on events such as:
- Night to Shine
- Annual Women's Event
- Volunteer Celebration
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Campus Decor (Christmas Tree Decorating/Movie Series Props/Christmas Eve Prep/Church wide BBQs)
- External Event set up/tear down
- Harvey Warehouse Ministry prep
If you are interested in volunteering with special events, please email